Monday, June 25, 2012

Mother's lullaby

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep.





 In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep.


 Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru.
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing,
the dream that you wish will come true.





 No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing,
The dream that you wish will come true.
So dream...



I would sing this song to Matthew every single day of my pregnancy with him. When he was upset and agitated in the NICU, I would sing it then too. His breathing rate would calm down and he would grasp my pinkie finger. 
I will never stop dreaming, nor will I stop believing in the power of prayer...even if the answer isn't what we had planned.
Please say a prayer for little Jace, a three year old charmer that finally got the wish and dream his mother has been asking for him since birth - he is completely healed today and holding hands with Jesus.
It's bittersweet to say good bye so often to so many little ones. On one hand I rejoice! They NEVER have to endure another surgery, needle poke, biopsy, or procedure. They don't have to be hurting, be afraid or be different any longer. The uncertainty is finally gone; your child is finally at peace and healthy for the first time. 
Then my heart grieves, knowing I will have a lifetime until I can see him again.
I will keep believing that all things happen for a reason. A reason beyond my understanding sometimes. A reason to dream of what is to come - happiness...a dream come true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So good to see you blogging again! So bittersweet to hear of Jace's birthday in Heaven. Grace and peace to you, and to all of his family.

-ECS

Swidget 1.0