Friday, December 26, 2008

New Perspective

I'm exhausted! I was up at 5:30am yesterday to get brunch started and didn't turn in until after midnight. I hosted my first ever Christmas brunch for my parents, Ian's parents and his grandmother. I was up early chopping apples (for my homemade apple salsa...that goes well on cinnamon pita chips or waffles) and dicing potatoes for my hashbrown casserole. The previous day we spent cleaning and then Christmas-ing it up at Ian's other grandparents' house. I've always had the easy part of Christmas...jump in the car and show up when you tell me to. Now I'm the hostess that painstakingly arranges every minute of oven time so that everything comes out perfect. That sets the table and lights the floating holly candles. That makes sure that Downey has been giving her treat from Santa so her noise isn't in everyone's lap...the little mooch! I don't remember if I sat down...
I always wondered why my mother was so tired on Christmas. After staying up getting everything ready the night before, only to get up early the day of to do even more things...now I get it! It's a lot! But it's worth it. I'll do it every year from now on. And every year, the grandparents and great-grandparents will watch my sons' eyes glow when they open their Santa gifts. And every year, all eyes will becoming teary as we recount Christmas's of old and watch dvd's and family videos. Just like the one I made this year, from the boys.
Merry Christmas from our house to yours. And wishing you a peaceful and healthy new year to come!

View this montage created at One True Media
Merry Christmas! Love, the boys!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0