Friday, September 11, 2009

Five for Friday W/Mama M

In memory of the September 11th attacks and in honor of those who died, I've decided to make this version of Five Question Friday patriotic. I hope you'll join along!

Rules: Copy and past the following questions to your blog, answer them, and grab the MckLinky blog hop code! Then, link up! I'd love it if you'd link back to me, but that's not required!! If you don't have a blog, but would like to participate, feel free to leave your answers in the comments!



1. Where were you when you learned of the September 11th attacks?
I was sitting in my vertebrate zoology class when the first plane struck. When class was over, I made my way across campus to work in the education building. I reached the teacher resource center and everyone was quiet, listening to the radio and grouped around the computers with news channels up. I found out what was happening and was shocked. There had to be some mistake to explain all of this. Then we heard about the plane at the Pentagon. Everyone started getting emotional. Some of my friends and I ran across to the student center where the tvs were located. We got there just in time to watch the towers crumble one by one. We also learned of the Pennsylvania crash. Classes were cancelled just prior to noon, since the higher ups there didn't know if the CDC in Atlanta would be targeted. Even though I didn't want to watch, I couldn't tear my eyes away. I kept thinking how unreal it all was.

2. What is your favorite patriotic song?
The two that generally get me on my feet belting out my out of tune voice are God Bless American (Irving Berlin) and God Bless the USA/Proud to an American (Lee Greenwood).

3. When you hear "America", what do you first think of?
My mind goes to our flag, waving in the breeze. And wondering why the car dealerships have the biggest and most eye catching flags out there?? What's up with that?

4. What are you most proud of America or American's for?
I am proud for our fighting spirit. If I agree with it or not, we fight for ourselves, fight for the underdog and fight for our friends. Our military deserves our utmost respect and appreciation at all times. Lots of love for them here. :)
Oh - and Go Coast Guard (not that I'm biased) ;)

5. When you hear "American food" what comes to mind?
hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad and a good ice cold Coca Cola!


MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

Bellismom said...

I love number three. I had never really made the connection about the car dealerships having the biggest flags but you are so right!

Mama M. said...

I agree! Our soldiers are amazing and we are SOOOOO grateful for them too!

Swidget 1.0