Monday, March 3, 2008

A little about our new place.

You would never know we lived within a 30 minute drive to the biggest city in the southeast. We were so fortunate to find a retreat away from the hustle and bustle of "city" life, yet we are still just a 5 minute drive to I-75 and all the "good stuff" (like restaurants and shopping!). Our little secluded neighborhood is on the county line of Bartow and Cherokee counties in north Ga. As we drive the 4 miles from the interstate to our home, we are surrounded by huge Georgia pine trees, winding creeks and streams that diverge from the Etowah River Valley and even a small farm (complete with goats, emus and llamas!). Our son loves to pass by the farm!


When you crest the hill to go into our subdivision you are blessed with the awe inspiring view of the foothills of the majestic Appalachian Mountains. And if you look to your right, you are brought back into time by a quaint log cabin, complete with green tin roof. It is so beautiful. I can't believe I was away from it all as long as I have been. We have just moved back here from the picturesque town of Wilmington NC. Though I do appreciate the beach and the beauty of the ocean...my heart longs for mountains and trees. I need rolling hills and magnolias taller than houses. I need deer, fox and wild turkey to run through the yard or across the road. I need to see the moonlight through the pines (thanks Ray Charles!)

If you ever make you way to GA and find yourself traveling north of Atlanta (either on I-75 or I-85), make sure you have your camera ready. God's handprints are all over this place!

2 comments:

Randi Jo :) said...

YAY! I am so so so so so excited we can teach each other on our blogs now! :) Don't for a second thing I at all take pride in myself for the lessons I am able to share -- they are God's truths that He has just allowed me to learn! I have just as much as I can learn from you! :) We each have our strengths that we can encourage and help each other with! :) Sorry I missed your call - was at work and then got distracted when I got home! :) Call you today! hugs!

Randi Jo :) said...

P.S. awesome post! you are a great writer and I can't wait to read more about you! sounds beautiful - a lot like where I grew up in the mountains!

you're the first blogger friend I know in "real" life now! :) yay!

Swidget 1.0