I got this idea from my friend Randi's page...she knows I love surveys, so she should have known I would have jumped on this! :)
My Thrusday Thirteen #1 - 13 places I want to travel to someday.
1. Just to make this list a bit more simple, I list this as one place - I want to go to all of the Disney theme parks world wide. I'm such a Disney nut!
2. Greece - for the food, friendly people and a beautiful architecture.
3. Vatican City - I would love to see the art work of some the "greats" like Michelangelo and Raphael among many others. I'm sure they are breathtaking.
4. Colorado - I'm not a ski bunny at all, but I would love to spend a long weekend at a ski resort, sipping hot chocolate and trying not to break my leg on the bunny slopes.
5. Argentina- one of my college professors was from the coast of this beautiful country. She shared many pictures of her homeland. I would love to explore it.
6. Germany - both of my parents were raised there for a short time, my dad being born there, because of being Army brats. I would love to see what the towns look like now compared to the old black and white photos we have.
7. The British Isles- both Ian and I have many roots in the British, Irish and Scottish lands. It would be nice to go back and explore our history together.
8. Alaska - we did have the chance to live there for two years through the coast guard, but I thought two years would be 23 months too long for me. I need sun and warmth, but I'd love to go adventuring in the summer months...cruise anyone?
9. Japan - REAL teryaki and beautiful landscapes...need I say more?
10. Galapagos Islands - this is for the science teacher in me...always be itching to go there!
11. Jerusalem - to see the Dead Sea Scrolls, where the Last Supper took place and to lift my voice in praise and thanksgiving at the site of the crucifixion.
12. Egypt- I was fascinated in Egyptian lifestyle as a teenager. I would love to see everything from books become real before my eyes in person. Their science and technology for back then was amazing!
13. Heaven - this should be on EVERYONE'S list I would hope! ;)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants